Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Cheeseburger in Paradise

Okay, so maybe not paradise.  I mean, the closest beach is, at least, 12-13 hours away.  You can't have paradise without a beach.


Tonight I seriously cheated on my paleo diet.  Not even quit sure why.  Guessing I got a bug up my ass, because I was feeling/doing fine and didn't have a real craving for what I got.  

They opened a Five Guys in Springfield recently and I've been wanting to try it.  I've been hearing how wonderful it is and that if I've been craving In-n-Out  it would not only satisfy my cravings, but that I would like it better.  So, I've been wanting, but waiting, so my husband could go also as he'd never tried it either.  But, when I came home tonight my hubby informed me that he went there today for lunch.  WTF?!  Really?  Well, guess what, we're going for dinner too.  

And I gotta say, FG's was NOT better than In-n-Out.  There really is no comparison.  None.  I mean, look at those grilled onions and the sauce and the cheese and the fresh veggies and that quality beef.  You can't beat that.  The fries sound like they are similarly done, but even those weren't as good.  God!  I miss In-n-Out!



I think though, that I've satisfied my burger craving until I get to go home in June.  I'll definitely be going to In-n-Out then.  And then there's Tommy's Burgers.  I'll be stopping there too.  OMG, they have the best chili cheeseburgers and chili cheese fries.  This is how we do it!!!


I will probably gain 10 lbs just stopping by those two places, but I seriously do not care.  Unlike FGs, it will be worth every last bite.

In the mean time, hi ho, hi ho, it's back to paleo I go!!!

3 comments:

  1. We have a Five Guys around where I live in Ontario, been there once and it was indeed pretty good! Never heard of In-n-Out though... I also recently visited this other burger place called Hero Certified Burgers; their burgers are hormone/antibiotic free. Aside from the burger patties the rest of the food is junk though--nutritionally HAHA. I am a sucker for a burger but much rather just get the meat from a reliable source and make them at home :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I moved to Springfield, Missouri from Southern California. In-n-Out is a Southern California chain that uses only fresh ingredients. I try not to eat fast food at all anymore, but several of my friends have been posting about their visits "back home" along with photos of In-n-Out. It got the cravings started.

      My husband and I are renovating a home and didn't have a stove/oven for about 6 months. We got out of the habit of cooking for ourselves during that time. I've been hoping to get him involved in eating "real" food for a while, but it took Lent to make it happen. Now I have him going to the local farmers market with me for our protein and as much produce as possible. The rest I try to get from the organic section of the grocery store. We're cooking at home most of the time now.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete