Thursday, March 21, 2013

Really?!?

So, I caught my husbands cold, which comes with a burning sore throat.  The kind that only orange Creamsicles will help.  Well, maybe a Big Stick would.  I'm talking about the Popsicle!  Get your mind out of the gutter...   Anyway, so I sent my husband a text asking him to stop on his way home and pick up some Orange Creamsicles. What I got were Kroger no sugar added fruit bars (Nope, no added sugar, just artificial sweetener instead).  To which I responded, "Really?!?"  How do you get those things confused?  Orange Creamsicles are classic!

                  
    


And, yes, I realize that this isn't paleo, but I think being sick makes it okay.

It doesn't really matter though, because I didn't eat either.  I don't touch anything with artificial sweetener.  That shit is poison.  And, NO, my husband isn't trying to poison me.  I just haven't convinced him the importance of reading labels yet.  I think.

I don't know what it is about being sick that makes you crave stuff that's cold and sweet, but I did drink a coke.  And oooooooo, was it good.  I was worried I'd be back on them.  I used to be addicted and that stuff is like heroin.  I'd drink several a day and still would want more.  But I hadn't been drinking them since I changed my way of eating (I think I may have had one once before).  I find that they are good at the moment, but I don't keep wanting them.  Which is very cool and unusual.  I've stopped drinking coke for months at a time before, but as soon as I have one I'm hooked again.  I don't know what it is about this diet, but it really does kill cravings.  Except for chocolate.  I still crave chocolate.



No comments:

Post a Comment